Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dino-roar birthday!

We arrived back home this Wednesday from 9 days in Pennsylvania (I'll post more on that later).  It's nice to be home again as a family.  I know the boys missed their dad as much as me.  While we were away, we missed Eli's friend's birthday.  He's a buddy from Sunday school and he turned 4 last Sunday.  I wanted to make a quick card to give him at church today so my mom and I stamped a little last night after the kids are in bed.

I knew I wanted to use the dinoroar stamp set - I just didn't realize I never mounted it!  I'm bad at buying sets because I really want them and then I let them sit on the shelf untouched..  Oh well, it's used now! :) When I envisioned this card using the dotted angles stamp for mountains, I never thought to use it in multiple layers. But, I love when things come together unplanned.  Because I didn't cut the crumb cake wide enough the first time, I had to stamp it again and that's when I thought, why not use more than just a straight row?  I love the depth and I think it really makes the scene look prehistoric.  Also, my first choice for the palms was using the flower from the Too Kind stamp set and flip it upside down.  I'm really happy I went with the cut up palms instead.  Easy technique too - just cut leaves and snip them.  

My mom brought her blendabilities markers and I knew they'd look cute with the dinosaurs.  I'm still not sure I have the technique down yet, but my mom does and was able to show me.  I need some practice, but I think I'll like them.

So here's the finished project along with the card my mom made last night.  It was nice to stamp together. I hope we get some more time over the next two days before they head home.  

Jax's card:


Isn't the dimension cool?? :) 

Here's my moms: 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day in The Lord! 

-Holly

(check out my newly launched Etsy shop! www.etsy.com/shop/PaperJoyRI )


No comments:

Post a Comment