Thursday, January 1, 2015

Glancing back and looking forward...

Wow, how fast this past year flew by!  We have been blessed with many new adventures and friendships, memory filled trips and new family members.  2014 was a wonderful year and we are anxious to see what the Lord has in store for us in 2015!

I separated and Shawn retired from the Air Force after each serving 9 years.  We packed up and moved across country from Las Vegas to a small town in Rhode Island.  We visited PA a few times, had grandparents visit, planted a garden and enjoyed the fresh veggies, ventured to Vermont in the fall to take in the foilage and made some new friends through church.  Shawn started work with Midwest ATC and I took on the role as a SAHM.  Different than what I had been used to for 9 years (separating toddlers vs. separating fighter jets) but it has been rewarding!  I also signed up with Stampin' Up! again and opened my own Etsy shop to sell my handmade cards.  Lots to be thankful for...

But of course our biggest blessing has been our family.  This summer we welcomed our handsome little guy Samuel Oliver.  We call him Sam-O and Sammy Jammy.  He's 6 months now and is such a joy - even if he hasn't slept through the night since he learned to roll over to his belly.  My sister had a baby boy 6 weeks after Sam was born.  And I did not get new parents, but they have lost over 70lbs combined which is something to be thankful for!  Family has always been so important to me and I am so grateful to God for the family He has given me.

I wanted to share a picture I made of my boys today. 



I wrote this quote to describe what I would love most for my boys - a bond that lasts a lifetime.  I hope it's true for my boys.  I have no doubt that they will be friends for life <3


I used leftover silver sequins from the holiday catalog, mixed with some black PLxSU sequins and some Bermuda bay sequins from the new sequin trim coming out in a few days!


So much to be thankful for!  Praying your year is truly blessed!

Happy stamping :)
- Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment