Sunday, January 25, 2015

Playing catch-up


Seems like the story of my life these days.. Playing catch-up. And rightfully so as a mom of three boys. It's  a constant job picking up toys, washing dishes and folding laundry. Some days you need a break - or maybe 10 days! 

We just got back from spending 10 days at my parents house.  Shawn and I planned our trip around the Minnesota Wild vs. Pittsburgh Penguins game - our date night <3 it was a great time.  I had never been to a hockey game and who knows that last time we had a date. Another thing to catch up on..

Here we are (both smiling) before the game.
I'm a pittsburgh girl at heart, but I will say it was kind of tough to watch.  The Pens won 7-2.  After awhile it was hard wanting to cheer knowing your husbands team was getting their butts kicked!
Plus, MN is my second team and I wanted to see them score more.

Anyway, we had a nice vacation, but now back to reality.  Playing catch up with kids, meals, laundry... Oh yeah, and I get to prep for my FIRST CARD CLASS!! I will be starting a bimonthly card club this Wednesday.  I'm excited!! I've been making samples this week so they'll have some new cards to look at.

Here are some I made at my parents.  This is a new bundle of thinlits and stamps called Crazy About You. I WISH I could afford this bundle.. until then, I'll use mom's ;)

You can use the adhesive sheets to make them easy to apply after cutting, or you can either glue the word or use the SU stapler like I did below.


I had a lot of fun with that set!  Could've played for days as the combinations seem endless :) 

Other set I don't have and took advantage of while at my moms is this cute project life set.  It's called Hello Life.  I love the saying - so true for me! Most days I just need to stamp MORE to make me happy.  More sleep would make me happy too!  hahaha! 




If you haven't noticed by now, my color combos this post are very similar.  I took my own paper and ribbons home because I always feel bad that I use my mom's supplies.  Hope you don't mind ;)

And I hope you enjoyed the cards.  Will "catch up" more tomorrow! I made some more cards this week that I can hardly wait to share <3

-Holly








2 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous (as always)! I definitely need that Hello LIfe set too! :) Glad you enjoyed your time away at your Mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards and the pics. I have been missing your posts because I am technilogically challenged I guess. Last post I saw was of Hannah, sigh.. Now I will gave fun getting caught up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete