Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snowed in!


This morning we woke up to lots and lots of snow! Most of the snow was piled up so high from the drifts, yet there was still patches of grass near the house.  It was so windy last night and we even managed to lose our grill cover (not the first time).  But I was excited to wake up and see the snow.  I think when all was said and done there was about 12-16". 


Before yesterday, it had snowed 3x since Black Friday here in rhode island and then WHAM! Just like that it's winter!

So I thought I'd have fun with breakfast.  These are the snowmen I like to make :) much warmer!



This is something my mom would've done for my siblings and I when we were little.  She always goes that extra step to make you feel special!

I also made a few cards yesterday. I thought I'd do more stamping today since we were snowed in but we rearranged furniture instead. I also planned on making my cards for tomorrow night since it was going to be my first girls night, but I didn't even make the cards and cut the paper.  My little ones (all three) have the flu and pink eye.  Plus here is my front door:


So my class is postponed a week.  Bad timing :(

Here are the cards I made yesterday:


How simple is this card? Hearts punched out of DSP... Easy peasy. 


(Love that DSP! It's called Sweet Dreams and it's current in the new Occassions Catalog)

And last but not least, an oldie but goodie ;) 


I was in such a rush to get these valentines made for the local florist.. Then I remembered no one in their right mind will be going to buy flowers in the middle of a blizzard :) so I cranked out some extras.

Hope I inspired you to start your valentine's day cards a little early.  You don't want to forget :)

Blessings, 
-Holly












1 comment:

  1. Love seeing the kids, fun pancakes and snow. Great blog Holly.

    ReplyDelete