Friday, January 30, 2015

Sometimes you need to just ask :)

You know there is a verse in the Bible that says "a wise man seeks council" and though I don't think it was in reference to me stamping at 11:30 at night, I was completely stumped last night and reached out to my stamping friends on here on Facebook.  I posted a picture of the card I made with and without the blackberry bliss colored butterfly behind the gold.  I liked them both, but even my mom taught me that sometimes you need to walk away from it for a bit... And in this case, overnight.  When I woke up this morning I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  And even the gold dots I didn't like at first turned out great!

This stamp set is called Butterfly Basics.  You can bundle and save on the framelits if you purchase them together.  I love the saying in this set!



The results were on my side too. 21 said with, 9 without and a few said they liked both. So I may just make another without :)

If you look close, you can see that the pattern on the Moonlight designers series paper (DSP) has a honeycomb print that coordinates perfectly with the stamped honeycomb that I used with So Saffron.


The gold "blobs" I made using the gold glitter.  It's a very inexpensive accessory to purchase and it really goes a long way for the price!


I hope you enjoyed the story behind the card - remember, it never hurts to ask! (Unless, you ask someone to hit you) ;P

Happy stamping and happy Friday!! 

-Holly



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I was one of the 'with'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Holly! Gorgeous card! I love what you did with the stamped sentiment too! I'll probably need to case that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! I'm surprised I didn't lose any of the words after cutting it all up!

      Delete
  3. This is really beautiful!! The gold is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete