Thursday, January 8, 2015

Under Construction

We are fast approaching our middle son Andrew's 2nd birthday.  I cannot believe how fast he has grown up!  Seems like just yesterday we were at the hospital at Nellis AFB in Nevada holding our little guy!  Time sure does fly.  I read something the other day that was bittersweet and a small glimpse of being a mom.  "The days are long and the years are short"… seems the case! I wouldn't change the bickering brothers or the long nights for anything! <3

We will be celebrating with Andrew on Friday (his actual birthday) by doing some breakfast or lunch as family.  My husband will be working so we wont' be doing cake or anything that night.  I'm in the process of planning a construction themed party for Andrew to have at my parents house later in the month.

I feel the pressure too! There's so much pressure to have a "pinterest perfect" party.  I admit, it's intimidating and I love the challenge.  But I also know I'm human with 3 little ones on a somewhat single-income paycheck, so I'm doing most of the decoration/baking on my own.  

When I went to start on these invited last week, I couldn't find the "I Dig You" set.  It's a retired set that I had borrowed from my mom and apparently returned.  Quite disappointing considering my mom lives 9 hours away!  Good thing my friend Megan came to the rescue.  I was also on the hunt for some black and yellow striped washi tape but I discovered that I could just use my typeset DSP and color it in with my Daffodil Delight marker!  Might have taken longer, but I love the outcome!  





The card is a 6x6 sheet of Kraft cardstock and I scored it at 2 5/8" on my envelope punch board.  This was perfect because I was able to make 4 card bases with one sheet.  



I used the Kraft cardstock to make the dirt look stamped with the splatter from the Gorgeous Grunge set.  I also splattered some "mud" on the inside too.  




Did you notice the little mounds of dirt with the construction cone? (Or cozy cone as my oldest son says.)   I used the scraps from the envelope punch board.  :)  Even the "2" on the front was from the other side of the DSP.  Yes, my mother-in-law is right - I save too many scrap pieces!  But hey - it worked! 

I only had to make 8 and I'm ot sure I would've wanted to make any more!  He's so worth the time and work though :)  
Check back later for pictures of the party!

-Holly


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sending an invite, got it on my piano yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete