Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Boy's Parties

Edit: This post is lengthy, but lots of pictures.  Think of it as a child's picture book - I won't be mad if you just skim through.  But you might miss my amazing ability to narrate our life :) hah!

Someone once told me I should be a party planner … and that someone was my conscience.  But when my sweet sister told me this week that I should be one, I thought maybe that's something I really could do?  I LOVE planning and hosting get-togethers and have so well before pinterest came around.

Last month we celebrated our middle son's birthday with family in PA.  Remember  these construction invitations ? He and his older brother are ALL BOY and when their Uncle Corey bought them this tonka truck for Christmas I knew right away that I wanted to have a construction theme for him. 




The day was a rough one - all three boys caught the flu (we didn't know until AFTER the party that it was the flu and not a bad cold…) but I guess our family does share everything.  The background for the  table was a roll of construction tape I bought off amazon and the chalkboard banner I purchased from Stampin' Up!.  






Chocolate "rocks" and the boys trucks helped with the decor.  I made the construction signs/food labels with cardstock and DSP from SU! again.  Andrew had a great time with his cousins opening presents.  You can tell he loved his plush doggie (Rubble).  He held him all day.


Then this past weekend we celebrated our oldest son's birthday.  I can hardly believe he's 4 already.  I'm so proud of the little man he's become.  He's a great big brother and has such a caring and loving heart.  He's my big helper, sous chef, stampin' buddy, diaper fetcher, baby soother, cuddle bug, etc.  I should note ALL my kids are amazing - Eli just wants to be around his momma the most.  Drew is the dare devil, do-it-himself, little comedian, would rather be playing cars than hang out with mom. (Of course unless mom has food) :)

Eli wanted a Paw Patrol themed party - and I would guess unless you have kids or grandkids under the age of 5, run a preschool, teach kindergarten, or babysit small children, you probably have no idea what Paw Patrol is.  It's a show on Nick Jr. about 6 little pups that help solve problems around "Adventure Bay".  They cheer "No job is too big, no pup is too small!" :)


Now I'm a pretty frugal mom, so I wanted to do as much as I could myself.  Saturday I spent all day in the kitchen making puppy chow, cake, cookies, rice krispy treats, chopping fruit and veggies and prepping for our party Sunday.  I did ask my friend Jess to make the chicken and I called my local grocery store bakery for icing because I was short on time.  ($3 for a HUGE tub of cool whip frosting… I will be doing that again!)

I served the food in dog bowls that I bought at the dollar store.  I made the fire hydrant out of an old tea canister, paper towel roll, ribbon spool and an old plastic bowl. 

 
These are the cookies I spent about two hours making.  But they're yummy and adorable and Eli loved them! Made it worth it to see his excitement :)


I made dog bone Rice Krispies treat bags for the kids with the Best Day Ever stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration catalog and used the Alphabet Rotary stamp for the "Marshall's treats" part.  




For the arrow sign I stamped the Hardwood stamp on some baked brown sugar cardstock and punched the arrows out with the Whats Up punch.  And you may have noticed again that I used my chalkboard banner.  I love it! :)



The boys had a great time with cousins and friends at their parties.  Eli told me Sunday night that it was the "best day ever" which made the long day on my feet worth it all.

Now it's time to plan our youngest boy's ONE year old party.. But I have a few months to go! :)


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

9 comments:

  1. Holly, you are such a wonderful Mom! Great pictures of what looks like the best birthday party a little boy could possibly have! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing parties! Good for you - it's a ton of work, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! What did you call the veggies and dip in parentheses? I couldn't read it in the picture. I am planning my own paw patrol party and can't think of what to call our veggies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog Kaileigh!! I called the veggies and dip - kibbles n bits (dog treats and it rhymed) :) feel free to ask me anything else! Have fun!

      Delete
  4. Looks great -could I ask how you did the puppy chow please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could I ask what’s in the pasta ?and what veggies did you use for the kibbles & bits

    ReplyDelete