Sunday, May 17, 2015

Graduation Sunday & TGIFC03

Lucky you! A double post on Sunday :)  I actually feel like I'm over-blogging! #sorrynotsorry! Things will certainly slow down soon, but I have so many fun things I've been working on that I want to share, share, share!  Today I have another card for you that I made for my husband's cousin Katie.  She graduates this week from Bethel University in Minnesota.  It's also graduation day here at the local university and it (coincidentally) is "graduation theme" over at TGIF Challenges!  If you haven't been over to check out this challenge site, you're missing out big time! This is their third week and it's been a blast!  (You might even see a little badge in my right column.) :)


So let's get to it!  I was really racking my brain figuring out something to use for a graduation card because I don't really have a specific graduation set, or many that say "you did it! hooray!".  Then I remembered that I had the Feel Goods set from Stampin' Up! and I took off from there.  The colors I chose are Night of Navy, Whisper White, Gold and the new in-color Delightful Dijon.  Bethel University colors are navy and gold. 


I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with Clear Emboss Powder.  I added stars from another new PLxSU set coming out soon along with some punched confetti stars.  The frayed edges and the Delightful Dijon envelope paper (looks like DSP) frames the card base for extra detail. 




For the hat I just cut a small square and threaded some gold thread through.

For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from the Celebrate Today stamp set.  I added a few more stars to match the front.  I can't thank Teneale Williams enough for inspiring me years ago to spruce up the inside of the card! 


So there you have it!  Another card, another challenge, and I'm not blogging until Ten Minute Tuesday! I promise :)

See you back here then!
-Holly

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Holly! I'm really surprised at how much the Delightful Dijon looks gold with the Navy cardstock. I really love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I might use this combo more - surprised myself!

      Delete
  2. Love the gold and blue together!! I am so drawn to the stars!! Love it - thanks for playing at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! These star ARE adorable! And fun :)

      Delete
  3. Your color combo is beautiful! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great! Pinned it, Liked it, Can't Get Enough of it! To paraphrase Holly, "if you don't make ADT, I'll eat my shorts"

      Delete
    2. Man, as awesome as that would be to see (and post to YouTube), let's just hope I make it :)

      Delete
  4. Absolute perfection! One of my favorite sentiments ever & never would have thought to pull it out. So glad you played along with this week's TGIF Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mercedes! I love his set too and don't use it often enough!

      Delete
  5. Congrats Holly on being one of the Honorable Mentions AGAIN this week! We have posted a link to your card on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/tgifchallenges

    ReplyDelete