Saturday, May 30, 2015

TGIFC05 - May Remix!

Check this out!  The new challenge page that I've participated in over the last few weeks is celebrating their "first month anniversary" with an end of the month remix!  This is how it works:  First head on over to TGIF Challenges - Then pick two of the four challenge themes and mix them together for an all new project.  Pretty cool, huh?  I didn't have much time to think about this one.  We have family visiting in a few hours and my craft room is our guest room - so I had to make something quick and clean up!  But, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Sometimes you just got to roll with it and not think too much :)



For this card, I combined the colors of the first challenge (Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Crushed Curry) and the sketch/layout of the second challenge.  

And quite honestly when I started out, for some reason I had three of the challenges in mind.  So technically, you could throw in a third challenge and say that the "Enjoy the Adventure Ahead" goes along with "graduation" theme. 

Maybe I'll get a bonus point? haha!


This bike is from Life's Adventures and it will sadly move to my "retired" stash next week.   The good news is, the new hostess sets are just as awesome!  


I sponged and colored the stars for the background.  It definitely needed something, and I wasn't diggin' an embossed layer with the DSP.  Lots of dimensionals on this card too!

The inside is simple but still fun!  


So there you have it! Of course I'd want you to try the challenge with me, but then my odds of winning a prize would be worse.

Yes, I said prize…  They're giving away a prize pack worth $25+ to the winner!  Sounds like a great bonus to me!  

Thanks for joining me today!  See you tomorrow for CYCI Sunday! =)

-Holly


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments:

  1. So happy to see you playing again with us at TGIF Holly, cute card! I had to go look at that stamp set you used, lucky for me I do own it because I love what you have done and I have a bike loving niece that would adore a card like this.

    Also you know hoe happy your inside makes me? [very]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teneale!! Your niece will love the bike and I'm sure you'll make it look awesome! I should've kept the shout out in the blog post" I did credit you for always inspiring me to jazz up the inside, but I didn't want people thinking I was a suck-up! :)

      Delete
  2. ok, so I already told you that I LOVE this! Super adorable mix-up card! I love seeing your work.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks again for the sweet compliment! I feel honored to have such talented designers as inspiration!

      Delete
  3. You always have the cutest cards Holly! Thanks for joining us each week at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Holly on being one of the Honorable Mentions this week! We have posted a link to your card on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/tgifchallenges

    ReplyDelete