Monday, February 15, 2016

Celebrate Balloons - GDP23

Hey everyone!  Happy Monday :)  I have had some time this weekend to stamp and even rearranged some things around in my craft room.  Diggin' these new canisters set that I purchased at a consignment shop in PA.  They're white porcelin and in great shape. $2!! They're the new homes to my buttons, sequins, paper clips and washi tape. 
 
But anyway, why should I even talk about it without a picture right?
Moving on...
 
I'm playing along this week with the Global Design Project.  I receive Brian King's daily emails and this theme seemed fun - but I also thought, everyone will be using the same set! But what the heck, why not?  Plus, February is packed full of birthdays for friends and family.  I can hardly keep up!
 
 
I wanted to share the original look that I had for this card.  I even took all the photos and was ready to upload them.  But something just didn't seem right to me.  The "celebrate" was just not doing it for me.  I was hoping it would've looked better...
 
 
So when my MIL stopped by today I asked her which one she liked better.  She said she didn't even notice the white "celebrate", so that was proof enough that the Melon Mambo pop was needed.

 
 This was my first attempt with the "watercolor smooshing" technique. I'm loving it! I wish I hadn't taken so long to try it. So thankful for youtube :)
I chose the colors Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Mint Macaron. I really like this combo and love that SU! is using it so much in the Occasions Catalog. 
 
I added some Gold Glitz Dazzling Details on the balloon.   




 
So there you have it!  Hope you like the card! I will be sending it to a fellow stamper :) 
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
-Holly

6 comments:

  1. Smooshing card is great Holly, like the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooshing card is great Holly, like the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, so I scroll down to look at the photos before I read your comments and to first thing that popped in my head was "oh I love the background" but the greeting looks lost then I scrolled to see the next card that fixed the greeting. When reading the comments we were on the same track.

    I am always excited to see you play at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, this is such a fun card, inside and out! Thanks for joining us for our balloon challenge this week at Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wow technique, Holly. This card is great! I'm so glad you played along with this week's Theme Balloons challenge at Global Design Project - thanks!

    ReplyDelete