Tuesday, May 24, 2016

'Affectionately Yours' Highlight #1 - Hostess Set Lots of Love

This week I will be sharing 12 cards with you that I made with the new Affectionately Yours DSP that will be available June 1st!  It is beautiful!  I tend to hoard designer series paper (DSP) but I have already made 12 cards with all 12 sheets!  I used 4x4" pieces because I wanted to share with you how you can cut your sheets into 4x4 pieces and get 9 cards from each sheet! 108 pieces for $13?? yes, please!

Now you may notice there are only 11 cards in the picture above.  There is one more card but I can't share it until tomorrow because it's my sister's birthday card - and well, surprises are more fun, right?

So I'll share four today, four Wednesday and four more Thursday! :)  

These four were all made with one of the new hostess sets called Lots of Love.  It's super cute and my little ones love it too!

For this one, I cut my 4x4" piece into 4 1" strips.  The extra went on the inside.  The other Cucumber Crush strips are 1/2" pieces.  


This little elephant is adorable and I'm already brainstorming how to use it for a baby card!  My friend Robin already used it for a cute birthday card.  You can see it here.
I'm also not sure if this piece of DSP is a lighter shade of Watermelon Wonder, or if there's a misprint in the catalog and that Flirty Flamingo is part of the pack too?  Either way, I think it matches good enough!


Again, you don't have to use your entire 4x4 piece up.  Here I simply cut it at an angle.  Aren't those hedgehogs cute?!


And last but certainly not least are the cute ladybugs.  The DSP here is cut to 1x3" pieces.


Hope you like what you see so far!  I will be offering a share with this DSP as well so make sure you check back after June 1st to reserve a spot!

-Holly 

2 comments:

  1. Holly, I love the pink elephant! Totally cute! The DSP is the perfect backdrop for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips on using and stretching the use of DSP. I especially love the interspersing of the cucumber crush with the DSP and the frog. This caught my eye on pinterest, and I had to see if there was a design in that pack that I missed. Simple, creative and impactfull! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete