Friday, May 6, 2016

Endless Birthday Wishes for TGIFC54

Hello everyone!  Happy Friday to you!  It is going to be a gorgeous day here in Minnesota.  Forecast is mid-80s... Yes, 80s in MN! I didn't even know that happened.  :)  Since it's Friday, that means there's a new challenge over at TGIF.  Here is our summer-ish color combo that had me a little stumped at first!


When I first saw this color combo, I was a little worried.  I do love the two blues together (they are my blog colors) but the yellow was throwing me off!  The first thing I thought was that the colors would make a fun kid or guy card.  I do have a few guy birthdays this month in our family so I wanted to make some birthday cards.  This also is the set I'm leaning towards for my Stamps in the Mail class, so I wanted to try a few cards out with Endless Birthday Wishes.


I love this Pool Party Glitter Ribbon.  


I added some of my favorite accessory at the moment - the It's My Party Enamel Dots.  I also added some Crushed Curry ink around the cake using the ink pad and Aqua Painter.  



For this card, I pulled the ribbon apart so that I would have some strands to tuck behind the cake.  I originally had more white space but thought the card needed something.  I added the Happy Birthday sentiment and some Island Indigo splatter. 

For the swirls and dots I used the Memories in the Making (swirl) and Wondrous Wreath (dots).  Shannon Lane used the dots a few weeks ago on this card and I loved the idea!



So there you have it! I hope that you join us this week for this fun color combo!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  I also am entering my white card in Just Add Ink's sketch challenge this week!  (Maybe you could combine both challenges too!)

-Holly 






7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Holly; I love how you've used those cute stamps. The swirls and dots behind the cake on your white card look fabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are such lovely Guy cards Holly! I love how the different background stamping totally makes each so individual and how you've created and highlighted your circles. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving both of these Holly. The repetitive background stamping is such a cool effect! Fab use of the sketch and lovely to see you at Just Add Ink. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both great cards Holly - love your colour combo and the fun, happy, scrappy style. Love your idea of using the glitter ribbon threads. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sweet cards - I really love how you used the repeated image in the background - it is very effective. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really adore your take on the sketch challenge!! The little strings of ribbon are a nice addition.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love both your cards, Holly. They have a really fun, whimsical feel. Especially love the repeated cake background on your second card. It's so bold yet works so well with the circle element. Definitely want to try that - my poor Endless Birthday Wishes has not seen as much ink as it would like.
    Thanks heaps for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete