Friday, June 17, 2016

We Loved Our Adventure - Project Life Highlight for TGIFC60!

Happy Friday!
I'm so excited to share with you some Project Life pages I made this week.  I had recently printed pictures from our KLove Cruise that my husband and I took this January with my in-laws.  I have always had the desire to scrapbook - I have three little boys and a passion for photography - but the laziness kicks in and I never want to upload/print pictures and then make pages.

Then 2 weeks ago, my mother lost everything on her computer.  
She has 13 grandchildren - and her pictures are gone.

So I backed up my photos and ordered our cruise pictures and a few others and I sat down and made 6 scrapbook pages in one day.  Actually in about 2 hours.  Project Life makes this so easy!  And I love the Moments Like These PL kit from Stampin' Up!

So this week - our challenge over at TGIF Challenges is for you to create a card (or project) based on the "adventure" theme - but I challenge you to print some pictures and make a page or two.  

Put those memories into an album so that you can share them!


One thing I love about PL cards is the fact that most cards are already designed so well - you don't need to do anything but slide it into the pocket.  However, you can also add to them if you want!
Here I took the Labeler Alphabet stamp set and added the words "we loved our adventure" and the hearts.


The Moments Like These kit coordinates with the 2015-2017 in-colors.  Here I added the Watermelon Wonder washi tape from the Affectionately Yours washi pack
(Tip: I layered two pieces of washi tape so it showed up better on top of the picture.)


I think my favorite size in the PL pages are the 2x2 squares.  They're so cute!


Here I used the Labeler Alphabet again to add the date.


Another page I made is a smaller one.  I used the 12x6" page protector that you can find in the Variety Pack #2.  


This 4x6" PL card came only with the word "moments" on it.  I love the look of the Labeler Alphabet and wanted to incorporate it in this page too.  I also wanted to use Bermuda Bay to match the water as best as I could.  (It really is that blue!)


Another use for the 2x2" square cards can be to just lay them on top of a photograph.


I hope these pages inspire you to print some photos and start documenting your life.  I pray that we never get to the point where our iphones and computers are obsolete - so just in case... get scrappin'!

Blessings, 
Holly 





4 comments:

  1. These are adorable memories. I envy you. I haven't been in a beach for over 4 years now but in the frozen Scottish Highlands :( After a whole live in the Caribbean the snow and the cold seemed to be an adventure to me.. lol. silly me! and not sure if I should mention it but the jerk chicken looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lived in the Caribbeans? :) how fun! We actually moved from the beach to frozen Minnesota, so I understand! Thanks for leaving some blog love, Bibi <3

      Delete
  2. You just inspired me to start my Project Life for our trip to Mexico back in 2014! I've been slacking and have always found it intimidating - how do you pick the photos, which accessories, stamps, colours, etc. Oh my now I'm all fired up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, these are some of my first pages! I felt a little intimidated picking the cards and embellishments, but I just ran with it! I have always enjoyed taking pictures, but always remember this: If it's something you wouldn't bother printing, delete it. That helps when it comes down to picking which pictures you want. Also, photos with pops of color are fun too! Have fun, I'm sure your trip to Mexico will look awesome in an album!

      Delete