Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Carrot Colored Card for My Friend

I know what you're thinking - two cards in one day??  I actually had a moment to sit down and create a card this afternoon. I needed to make a card for a fellow demonstrator who has done so much for me and my small team over the last month.  I also have been wanting to participate in a card challenge for The Crafty Carrot Collective. 
It's a team of 5 worldwide demos that bring lots of techniques and tutorials.  I've enjoyed their first month free - you can still check them out on facebook.  Here's the challenge site.

The ladies in the group have been focusing on the stamp set Weather Together.  I absolutely love this set.  It was one of the first I saw back in June and I've enjoyed making a lot of umbrella cards with it.  This time I wanted to try something different.  I still used the stamp set - but I focused on the little hearts for the background.  I wanted to combine two of the techniques shown this month...
Susan Wong created some really neat cards with a repetitive background and Cindy Schuster created a lovely watercolor look with ink & the clear blocks.



This sentiment comes from the Suite Sentiments stamp set from the Occasions Catalog.  This set has 11 sentiments that coordinate with 7 different suites from the catalog.  It is a MUST HAVE set!  I love it!

I embossed the "friend" in gold which really gives this card an extra beautiful detail. 


The hearts were embossed in clear before I added the watercolor background.


I hope that you like this card!

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Holly

4 comments:

  1. Holly , how did you get the "friend" on that stamp embossed? Did you just stamp "friend" first and then after it was embossed, stamp the rest of the greeting over it? I think it is such a great detail. Love the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! I actually used my Rich Razz marker and a versamarker - I wish SU still sold those! I made sure to scrap any embossing powder off the rich razzleberry words. I'm thinking you could do the same effect with the stamp-a-ma-jig? Thanks for the sweet comment <3

      Delete