Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Two for Tuesday ... or Wednesday! Tone on Tone Embossing Paste

Isn't it crazy how easily distracted one can get?  Yesterday morning I made these 2 cards to post for my "Two for Tuesday" posts that I'd love to start doing.. and well the second week in and I'm already off!

So it's Wednesday and you're getting a Two for Tuesday post!

Last Tuesday I showed you two cards made with the same background and two different stamp sets.  Today, We have two cards that coordinate a little more.  I wanted to use some more of this Embossing Paste too - I just can't stop using it! I love it!


I really like the tone on tone look but needed a little help getting the Powder Pink shade of paste.  Jennifer Sootkoos posted on Instagram a few weeks ago that if you are looking to add color to the paste, use your re-inkers.  This works really well... if you have the re-inker you need.  

Which I didn't.

However, she gave a great tip.  Simple dab your Silicone Mat into your ink pad a few times until you have ink to mix with your paste.  Voila!


I cut out the center of the Whisper White layer and added it to the Powder Pink card.  I then added the sentiment from Lots of Love and embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder on Vellum Cardstock and punched it out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.


For the second card, I took the same ribbons and filled in the negative cutout.  I used the 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon in Powder Pink and some of the new Gold Mini Sequin Trim.


I really like how it turned out.  
I also stamped and embossed the same image - this time on Whisper White CS.



So what do you think?  Have you tried the embossing paste yet?  Try adding some color to it next time!

Have a great Wednesday!  I'll be back Friday with a new card for TGIF Challenges.

Blessings,
Holly



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are really lovely!! Thanks for sharing the tip for adding color to emb paste without a reinker! I had no idea you could do it that way! I'll def be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry for stopping by! Glad to share the tip :)

    ReplyDelete