Thursday, October 5, 2017

Merry Patterns Hostess Set - Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to another Artisan Design Team blog hop!  If you just came from Dani's blog, thanks for continuing on to me!  Isn't Dani awesome?!  Hard act to follow :)
Well, today we are featuring (again) the exclusive hostess set called Merry Patterns.  This is such a pretty set we thought we'd share even more ideas!  If you missed our first Merry Patterns blog hop, you can start here and make your way around the last hop.  We are a group of global demonstrators, so you have about 20 stampers to get inspired from!

Otherwise, grab a cup of coffee (or cocoa) and stay awhile.  I think you'll like what you see!

What draws me in with the Merry Patterns stamp set is the deer.  Growing up in rural Pennsylvania, there are deer everywhere.  I think they're beautiful, peaceful animals and I just love the look of this stamp.  And how fun is this one with the cozy sweater? :)


I decided to make a very simple card with a fun treat.  There's no Big Shot involved here making this card a quick card to piece together.  The fussy cutting takes time, but with the Paper Snips from Stampin' Up!, the task was easy.


I combined three Designer Series Papers (DSP) for this card:
stripes - Christmas Around the World (144629)*
wood grain - Coffee Break (144155)*
and the green plaid - Quilted Christmas 6x6 Stack (144617)

*Side note: Right now through the end of October, buy THREE select DSP packs and get ONE free!  Two of the papers I used today are on the list!

I stamped the deer in Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock and adhered it to the DSP that I cut with the Starburst Punch.


I love these pine branches!


For the treat, I reconfigured one of the Acetate Card Boxes by cutting around 2" off.  This was perfect to fit 4 Treat Tubes filled with some hot cocoa ingredients.  (1 tube holds approximately 1 Tbsp, FYI.) :)


I made a belly band around the box using the same striped DSP.  I added some 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, Whisper White Bakers Twine, and a "rosette" or "lolly" using the Simply Scored tool.  I took two 1x12" strips of DSP and scored it at every 1/4" - I used adhesive and the starburst piece to hold it together.


I hope that you like my 2 projects.  If you don't have your hands on this great Christmas set, you can earn this set with a $300 USD order or party!  You will get this set FREE in addition to your other stampin' rewards!  Pretty great deal!

Please be sure to make your way around the entire hop, leave some love and pin your favorites!  Next up is the very talented Jennifer Sootkoos!


As always, you can find the supplies used for my projects listed below (minus the basics) - plus the list of the Artisan Design Team members.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,
Holly



Product List

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks and fits perfectly!! Love that little reindeer in espresso too!! It's getting cold here I probably should get some cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set with a lot of love for the deal! I lov it your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working on the acetate box reconfigured to hold the candy tubes. This morning it is 5 ° C, I probably want a hot chocolate ^^.
    The branches treated for a tree effect are superb too. Thank you for these Holly achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the acetate box re-configured for the test tubes. Any chance you can create a sheet of instructions or even better a video?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects--love how you used the pine branches on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the test tubes! Gorgeous work Holly xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the reconfigured Acetate Card Boxes! Would you please do a how-to tutorial on that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete