Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Seasonal Snapshot 2015 - Not Just for Project Life!


Well summer is officially over here in the states. I thoroughly enjoyed our summer here by the beach, but I admit - if I could live somewhere where it was fall all year round, I'd move in a heartbeat!  I love the cooler temps, crunchy leaves, apples, football and my Autumn Leaves Yankee candle. (I burn that sucker all year!)

It's also another fantastic time of year to be a stamper! This year's holiday catalog is fantastic!  This particular set is made for Project Life, but I wanted to show you that these PLxSU sets aren't just for filling those album pages!  I love this font and all of the little details in the set.


This would be the perfect card to give to a child or grandchild with some candy attached. :)


I stamped the bat in black on black and added some dimension to make them stand out.


This fall one is my favorite of the three.  The sweater-like stitching is so cool!


Makes me think of my mom and her cross-stitching days. :)


And last but not least, a Christmas card.  This one was fun to make.  Do you notice the background?


 
Yep - that would be two embossing folders. :) The trick here is to run the trees, and then sandwich the falling gently folder (hard) with your hands.  If you run both folders through the Big Shot, your embossed image will keep alternating. (I learned my lesson and will save you the time and patience!)

Thanks for swinging by today.  I hope you enjoyed the twist on the Project Life set!

Happy stamping :)
-Holly


5 comments:

  1. I love what you did with these cards! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).
    Inky Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Josee! I would be honored! Thank you for asking :)

      Delete
  2. Holly, I love your Christmas card (I love them all but especially the Christmas card)! I'm honestly not getting a clear picture of how you did the double embossing - did you run the card through the Big Shot with the trees folder and then a second time with the other folder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Connie!! I did run the piece of CS through with the tree folder and then again with the snow, but that will just flatten the other impression out. Learned at the hard way. What I did was take the CS and run it through with the tree folder. Then I placed the card stock in the gently falli folder and just pressed it together with my hands. You could maybe use a book on top to press down on it... You'll have to push hard enough

      Delete
    2. Hit enter too soon.. Push hard enough or squeeze hard enough to get it to bump. If you have to check on it, just try to realign it the beta you can if you need to push more

      Delete