Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Butterfly Basics for GDP31 (again)

I'm back with another "nature" themed card for the Global Design Project.  If you missed my post Monday, make sure you check that card out too!  

And be sure to click the image below to see all of the cards from talented design team members.

I wanted to make a card with leftover scraps.  3 weeks ago I had my first SU! party in over 6 months.  We made a card using the Butterfly Basics stamp set.  I had a leftover stamped piece that someone had smudge and I thought I'd save it and do something with it later.  

Sometimes we cover up ink smudges and sometimes we just cut everything out! :)


I cut the flowers out and layered them a little to give them some depth.  I also added Crystal Effects to really bring the flowers out.


I added a scrap piece of Newsprint DSP I had saved.  (I hope they carry that over again!)
I used my very last bit of Watermelon Wonder Lace Ribbon - love just letting a little peek through.


The background DSP is the Going Places DSP and the birthday sentiment is from Silhouettes & Script hostess set.   I added some Metallics Sequin Assortment and Gold 1/8" Ribbon.


I sent this to my dear friend Steph in Rhode Island.  This was my 8th birthday that I've sent so far in April.  If you missed Shannon West's Birthday Card Initiative - You can read about it here.  It's more fun to send and receive birthday cards and phone calls than it is to just write on someone's facebook wall. 

If you would like to receive a birthday card from me - leave a comment! :)

Blessings,
Holly 



9 comments:

  1. You could send me a birthday card on November 26th Holly!:) I'm a ways up in Canada though. Love this card and the peek-a-boo lace. Thanks for sharing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! WOW. Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teneale! And happy belated birthday!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Holly! I love this mix of vintage and modern. Such a gorgeous use of these products. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Nature Theme Challenge.

    ReplyDelete