Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Special 100th Birthday Wish


Wow!  Can you imagine all the wonders that someone has experienced that has lived to be 100 years old??  I made a very special card this week for a lady I don't even know, but I know her grand-daughter who was sweet enough to ask her card making friends to shower her grandmother with cards.  I jumped right in.  How often do we actually get to make a 100th birthday card??  What a blessing to live that long - the Lord surely loves her and still has plans for sweet Mary!  I thought this was a pretty neat opportunity so I wanted to make the card extra special.  

I also knew I wanted to do something different than everyone else.  I figured a lot of people who were sending cards might be using the Large Numbers framelits and cutting 100 out for the card front.  I didn't want to go that route so I thought about using 100 tiny presents as a background.  The smallest one I found that I own was in the new Weather Together stamp set and I didn't think it was small enough.

Then I saw the candles ... (lightbulb!!)

I stamped 25 candles in 4 different colors to create this fun background.  100 candles for a special lady!  I didn't want to cover up too many candles either.  I promise, all 100 are there, so I kept the rest of the card fairly simple.  I used the new Labeler Alphabet set for my sentiment and paired it with the cupcake from the Sweet Cupcake Bundle.



Worthy of a celebration right?  I'm also celebrating with Stamp, Ink, Paper for their 1st anniversary/birthday as a card challenge site - and it's cardmaker's choice! Yay!

Happy Anniversary SIP!!

Have a wonderful Thursday! Be sure to check back tomorrow for the latest card challenge from TGIF!

Blessings, 
Holly 

14 comments:

  1. Very clever! Love the candles, but that Labeler Alpha is my favorite...what a great set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnne! And yes, the LA is a great alphabet - so glad they gave us something to use with the rotary one gone!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! I love, love, love this Holly! This card is so perfect in every way! Totally creative too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is such a beautiful card Holly! I just love your unique style! You always inspire me. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina <3 You're so sweet - and the inspiration goes both ways!

      Delete
  4. Wow, a 100th birthday card, how awesome! I can't beleive you stamped 100 candles, too! What an amazing job you did and I love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment Sandy! It was a fun card to make!

      Delete
  5. Great bday card Holly! Love all the candles. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger! Glad to have joined you all!

      Delete