Monday, February 27, 2017

High Tide Highlight


Hello there!  I'm so glad I get to post this morning a card that isn't for a blog hop or challenge - just me sharing a card I made this weekend!  It was nice to get some time to just stamp for fun. :)

This card was fairly quick to make.  The watercolor background was very simple and it was my first time trying it this way.  I saw a video on a demo-only site or I would link it here for you to see.  The lady was from outside of the US and I'm not sure the video was in English either, but it was easy to watch.  I've looked for her video too to no avail - so - THANK YOU for sharing this - whoever you are <3

Okay, so all you need is a ziplock bag, some markers, watercolor paper and an aqua painter.
Take the ziplock bag and lay it flat on your work area.  Using your Stampin' Write Markers, color and area on the bag large enough to cover a card layer (a little shy of 4' x 5.25").  Set that aside.  Now using your Aqua Painter, get your Watercolor Paper fairly wet - I did squeeze the AP as I "colored" the paper.  Once that's wet, flip it over and press it onto the ziplock bag.  Carefully pull it off and dry the paper with your Heat Tool.  I added a little more of the Pool Party and Mint Macaron ink on the bag and repeated the process.  I hope that makes sense.  (I really want to start taking videos soon so you can see me walk you through these kinds of techniques!)


I used Memento Black Ink for the lighthouse, birds and sentiment.  The sentiment is on circles made with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and the Layering Circles Framelits Dies.

A little Linen Thread and the card is complete.


If you have any questions about the technique, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a wonderful Monday!
-Holly





5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! What color marker(s) did you use for the sandy area? I guess I want to know what were all of the marker colors you used. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting :) I used Pool Party, Mint Macaron (middle) and Tip Top taupe for the sand

      Delete
  2. So pretty, and that background is stunning. I love the texture of the watercolor paper coming through. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this technique and your beautiful card. I might add something similar to my Spring classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Looking forward to videos in the future.

    ReplyDelete