Sunday, March 5, 2017

Creation Station: Boxes, Baskets & Bags - Oh My!


Welcome to this month's blog hop with The Creation Station.  We are a global group of demonstrators that blog on the first Sunday of each month.  We're so glad you are joining our hop today and I'm excited that you are here to see my creations!  If you came from Denita's blog, thanks for continuing on to me.

Yesterday I sat down to create something for this post and was really debating on what to make.  I'm pretty weak in the "creating boxes" category.  I really like packaging and gift giving, but I like when the basics are made.  Now don't get me wrong, SU! provides some pretty awesome tools for this theme like the Gift Box Punch Board, the Gift Bag Punch Board or the new Window Box Framelits Dies.  However, one thing I really miss that a year or two ago are these long kraft boxes.  Lucky for me, I have a lot in stock.  
I took one apart, made myself a template and voila!  I made a replica! :)


I was also inspired by Val Moody's masculine card made with Nailed It.  I had CASEd this card earlier in the week and decided to make the box match the card.


I made the box with Basic Gray Cardstock and covered it with the tools from the Nailed It stamp set.  I added some basic black splatter using reinker and an Aqua Painter.  I also used my Fringe Scissors and cut up some Smoky Slate cardstock for some filler.


You can see how neatly the bottom folds in to secure the box.


For the belly band I used a piece of Urban Underground DSP and some Urban Underground Washi Tape.  I also added the hexagon (cut with the Build It Framelits) and embossed with the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  The hammer was also cut with the coordinating framelits and colored with a Blender Pen.  The sentiment is stamped on Watercolor Paper - the Delightful Dijon wash was made with an Aqua Painter.  To top it off, I added one of the screw heads from the Urban Underground Embellishments.  This are the coolest embellishments!


I sure hope you enjoyed my creation!  You can head back to my lovely friend Denita or on to the talent Sara!  Be sure to check out the entire hop and pin your favorites!  Have a wonderful week!


Blessings,
Holly

1 comment: