Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Birthday to the Best. Guy. Ever.

Happy first day of spring! Our boys have been asking when it is going to be Spring, so today is a good day for them!  They say a little sunshine is good for the soul - and boy do we need it.  Yesterday we decided to get outside and we took a walk in the woods behind our house - it must have been exactly what we needed! We all slept well last night and (so far) we seem to be on the mend.  As of Saturday, all 3 boys were in antibiotics and my husband was in bed for the 3rd straight day.

I was spared.

So far...

So since the sicknesses have been in full swing at our house, I forgot to post my husband's birthday card that I made for him.  If you missed my Instagram post of the boys' cards they made, you can see it here.

I wanted to keep my husband's card fairly simple.  I think I've used the same masculine sets over and over in the past years, so I decided to just highlight the Large Numbers Thinlits Dies and make a cheerful and bright card using some scraps of paper and ribbon.


For the background I used the "Best. Guy. Ever." stamp from the Suite Sentiments set from the Occasions Catalog.  This set is one of my favorites as the fonts and sentiments coordinate with each of the 7 "suites" in the catalog.  (This stamp coordinates with Urban Underground.)

Because the words are in "threes", I was able to stamp the image repeatedly in a way that you can read it from top to bottom or left to right.  I was pleased with how it turned out.  I did this without a Stamp-a-ma-Jig, but if you wanted it to line up perfectly, that would be the best tool to use!


Thanks for swinging by today!  Enjoy your Monday :)

Blessings,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment